For those of us with more than one CNC and / or computer, setting up CNCs can eat a lot of time.
With Multiple Machine Profiles, your machine's settings are stored in Inventables’ servers and retrieved as needed.
Free users have access to one machine profile and can uninstall it to use a different machine. Adding multiple profiles is only available to Easel Pro
How it Works
- Open the Machine tab in Easel
- Click set up new machine and complete the setup steps.
- Once set up, you can edit the name or other properties as well as uninstall it by clicking Edit your Machine.
- Upon logging in from a different computer or new session, you can load your settings from the dropdown and skip the setup.
- Easel Pro users will be able to set up multiple machine profiles and toggle loading between them by selecting it from the dropdown.
Note: if you have two machines of the same type (i.e. two x-carves) you may want to Edit their names to differentiate between them.
- Work area
- Spindle type
- Spindle control
- Spindle RPM
- Machine Type
Your saved cut settings will now be tied to specific machine profiles along with bit/material. That way you can differentiate different feeds and speeds for different machines.
Note: If your machine is not carving the correct size, you may have chosen the wrong Machine Settings.
If you purchased an X-Carve after November 2021, click on "X-Carve (November 2021 Upgrade)" to setup your machine.
If you purchased your machine before November 2021, click on "X-Carve (pre-November 2021)":
Machine Settings will vary depending on when you purchased your machine and which components you have. If you are unsure, check your receipt.
Before November 2021, the stock X-Carve did not include any upgrades. Use these settings:
NOTE: If you purchased the Z-Axis Upgrade or the Belt Upgrades, your options will be different. Check your receipts to see which components you purchased. It may look something like this: