What's included in the Black Friday sale?
The current sale includes:
- $200 off the new X-Carve with included upgrades
- 10% off individual upgrades (excluding makita) for existing X-Carve owners
- $50 gift card for new users who sign up for an Easel Pro annual subscription
What are the differences between this machine and the previous X-Carve?
- The new X-Carve can carve up to 3 times faster thanks to our new Direct Drive Z Axis and improved drive belts.
- We upgraded the waste board to a new Modular Waste Board.
- The Modular Waste Board includes t-slots and threaded inserts, giving you more clamping options than ever before.
- “Surfaceable” from front to back, which allows higher precision on intricate v-carved projects.
- The modular design allows you to replace individual sections as needed.
- We upgraded the Dewalt 611 router to a Makita router and precision ⅛ in. collet. This will provide more control over spindle speed and longer lasting brushes with the reliability of a name brand router.
What is the lead time?
The new X-Carve is in stock and generally ships within 1-2 business days! Most individual upgrades will ship within 1-2 business days as well. Individual modular wasteboards will ship within 2 weeks.
When does the current Black Friday sale end?
The current sale ends on Tuesday, 11/30 at 12:00 am PST.
Can I upgrade my current X-Carve CNC machine to the new X-Carve?
Absolutely! Each of the upgrades are available to be purchased individually. Note that the new t-slot wasteboard is only compatible with 1000mm X-Carves. Customers with pre 2016 machines should start by updating to the 2016 version of the machine with this kit.
How long does it take to assemble the new X-Carve?
Most customers assemble their machine over the course of a few days, with a total time of around 16 hours. While building your X-Carve you will become familiar with each of its components and you’ll gain an understanding of how the machine works.
How fast is the X-Carve?
The new X-Carve can handle material removal rates of up to 3x higher than the previous version of X-Carve. In general, this averages to approximately twice as fast as the old X-Carve.
What materials can I carve with the X-Carve?
The X-Carve can carve plywood, hardwoods, softwoods, and MDF. It can also carve plastics, including HDPE, Delrin®️, polycarbonate, acrylic, and Corian®️ as well as soft metals like aluminum and brass. Please note, in order to achieve optimal results when carving, proper cut settings and chip removal are required. Inventables continues to test and refine cut settings for materials and will provide updated recommendations in Easel when available. For optimal results in aluminum and non-ferrous metals, lubrication and tools specifically designed for metals are required.
Can I test out Easel Pro before purchasing the new X-Carve?
With 3 years of Easel Pro included in your X-Carve Pro bundle, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know our intuitive drag-and-drop software. But if you’d like some extra time to see how easy it is to use, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Easel Pro here.
What computer do I need to run the software and machine?
You’ll need a computer with the following specs: USB port, Internet connection, and Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.10 or higher, or Ubuntu Linux 18.04 or higher. Full system requirements can be found here.
How many boxes does the new X-Carve ship in?
The fully loaded X-Carve ships in 4 boxes with a total weight of around 100 lbs.