Internet access is required to load and save Easel projects and to finish setting up X-Carve and X-Carve Pro. Internet access is not required to work with a project once loaded or to connect to your machine and carve a project. If you do make changes to an Easel project while working offline, you will need to re-connect to the Internet to save them before closing the tab/window that the project is running in.
We recommend the latest version of any of the following:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
*Easel is not optimized to work on mobile or tablet devices such as iPads.
- Windows 10 or higher
- Easel will open in browsers on Windows S Mode but to connect to X-Carve, you will need to download and install the Easel Driver. Windows S Mode will prevent this installation and will need to be disabled.
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems are no longer supported by Microsoft. While Legacy Easel drivers are available, Windows 8 and below are outside of our support and testing. For optimal performance, we recommend using Windows 10 or higher and the most current driver version.
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher*
- Unfortunately, macOS Catalina and Intel HD 4000 graphics cards no longer display Easel's 3D preview.
Linux driver has been tested and developed to run best on Ubuntu 22.04. Ubuntu 22.04 is the only official distribution we support.
These operating systems are required for connecting a machine to Easel. Chromebooks are not supported and will not be able to directly connect a machine to Easel. Easel can also run on almost any operating system that supports the browsers listed above for opening and working with projects when connecting to the machine is not required.
- Windows: 32 and 64 bit
- Linux and macOS: 64 bit only
- At least 4GB of system memory
- At least 100MB of hard drive space
- WebGL support: https://get.webgl.org/5
- 64mb or more VRAM, to display the 3D preview.
- Screen Resolution of 1024x768 or higher
- Trackpad or 2 button mouse with scroll wheel.
- Your computer must have at least one USB port.
- Easel has not been tested for use with assistive devices, including screen readers. If you are interested in helping us with this, please contact our Customer Success Team.