Internet access is required to load and save Easel projects. Internet access is not required to work with a project once loaded or to connect to your machine and carve a project. If you do make changes to an Easel project while working offline, you will need to re-connect to the Internet to save them before closing the tab/window that the project is running in.
We recommend the latest version of any of the following:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows 7 or higher
- Please note: Windows 7 and Windows 8 may not automatically connect with Easel, but you can connect by manually choosing the port.
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher
- Ubuntu Linux 18.04 or higher
* These operating systems are required for connecting to a machine. Easel can also run on almost any operating system that supports the browsers listed above for opening and working with projects when connecting to the machine is not required.
- Windows: 32 and 64 bit
- Linux and macOS: 64 bit only
- At least 4GB of system memory
- At least 100MB of hard drive space
- WebGL support: https://get.webgl.org/5
- 64mb or more VRAM, to display the 3D preview.
- Trackpad or 2 button mouse.
- Your computer must have at least one USB port.
- Easel has not been tested for use with assistive devices, including screen readers. If you are interested in helping us with this, please contact our Customer Success Team.