Internet access is required to load and save Easel projects. Internet access is not required to work with a project once loaded or to connect to your machine and carve a project. If you do make changes to an Easel project while working offline, you will need to re-connect to the Internet to save them before closing the tab/window that the project is running in.
We recommend the latest version of any of the following:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows 7 or higher
- Please note: Windows 7 and Windows 8 may not automatically connect with Easel, but you can connect by manually choosing the port.
- Easel will open in browsers on Windows S Mode but to connect to X-Carve, you will need to download and install the Easel Driver. Windows S Mode will prevent this installation and will need to be disabled.
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher*
- Recent Apple security updates caused 3D graphics for certain machines to malfunction. Unfortunately, macOS Catalina and Intel HD 4000 graphics cards no longer display Easel's 3D preview.
Linux driver has been tested and developed to run best on Ubuntu 18.04. And Ubuntu 18.04 is the only official distribution we support.
These operating systems are required for connecting a machine to Easel. Computers with ARM-based processors, including Chromebooks, are not supported and will not be able to directly connect a machine to Easel. Easel can also run on almost any operating system that supports the browsers listed above for opening and working with projects when connecting to the machine is not required.
*Official support for Apple M1 chip coming soon.
- Windows: 32 and 64 bit
- Linux and macOS: 64 bit only
- At least 4GB of system memory
- At least 100MB of hard drive space
- WebGL support: https://get.webgl.org/5
- 64mb or more VRAM, to display the 3D preview.
- Screen Resolution of 1024x768 or higher
- Trackpad or 2 button mouse with scroll wheel.
- Your computer must have at least one USB port.
- Easel has not been tested for use with assistive devices, including screen readers. If you are interested in helping us with this, please contact our Customer Success Team.