Congratulations on your new X-Carve Pro!
If you are completely new to CNC, and CAD/CAM software, we recommend starting with the Intro to Easel project here: https://easel.inventables.com/intro
You will need to be logged in to your Easel account.
We also have several guides with Easel basics for you to master here: Easel and Easel Pro Guides
If you are comfortable working with CAD/CAM software, we recommend you watch this video:
This video covers everything we think you should know to have a successful first carve by following along on how to set up and cut a Two-Stage Carve. Here is an overview:
- Adjusting Workpiece
- Setting up the material and bit
- Homing and Work Zero
- Centering the design
- Adjusting the depth of cut
- Adjusting the cut path
- Previewing the toolpath
- Understanding the toolpath differences
- Bit and material toolbox intro
- Cut settings intro
- How to use the z-probe
- How to set the xy zero
- How to change bits in between passes
While this video covers the basics, there are a few tips and tricks we also want to share with you:
- Always power off your X-Carve Pro at the back of the controller when not in use.
- If you cannot connect to your machine, first ensure the e-stop is disengaged.
- When attaching the dust shoe, ensure the spindle can safely travel through the dust boot so the bit can reach the material and the brush bristles clear clamps safely on all sides. You can use the Jog Controls to move your machine around the sides to ensure there are no obstructions.
NOTE: The image above shows the spindle cannot reach the far right side of the material without causing the bit to hit the clamp or the dust shoe to hit the clamp. You must position the clamps according to the toolpath or just the clamp extension bar.
- You can find In-App Support by clicking Help > Support. You can then search our guides directly within Easel:
- If you have an issue after a carve, please submit an error report. You can do this from the prompt asking how things turned out by clicking on the Sad Easel Face > Contact Inventables > include a little description in the text box and Send.
- Multiple reports of the same issue are not necessary unless requested by the support team.
- Try to document the problem with pictures or videos. It is extremely helpful to have eyes on the issue when troubleshooting.